Friday, August 23, 2013

Beautiful Music and being sick

About half of my district is sick right now (including me) so this email is going to be a little bit shorter than normal because I need to go back home and crawl into bed soon. Thank goodness for p-day. Besides and partly because of being sick this week has been one of my best yet. First off I learned how to say 'tool' so when I pray in front of my class I can ask to be a tool in the hands of the Lord instead of a hammer(closest word I had for a while). We have kind of fallen into a rhythm here so I can't think of anything that's particularly interesting from this week. Tuesday's are my favorite night. We have devotionals and since our entire district is in the choir we all miss dinner. So we go and learn a beautiful piece of music (this week it was Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer, look it up tanto bella {so beautiful}!) We get spiritually edified and then after we all end up congregating around the vending machines in our lobby for the most unhealthy dinner I have or ever will eat. It's so much fun because there's only one microwave and we all bring out snacks while we wait in line. This is the closest thing we can have to a party because we aren't allowed to congregate in the residence halls.

Last night I asked for a blessing for this cold, and I recieved a huge blessing of comfort instead. I am just constantly amazed at how loving and clever our father in Heaven is. He places exactly the right people in our lives to give us the comfort and guidance we need, and he does this for every single one of his children. The Lord has a plan for each and every one of us, and he's just waiting for us to ask what it is.

con amore (with love)
-Sorella Madyline Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment