Monday, January 20, 2014

It feels good to be exhausted in the Lord's work!

Cioa Cari!!!
Well for the first time in my mission we are BEYOND busy. It is only Monday and we have an appointment for every day next week, and up to four on other days (four is kind of our max because of metro.) We were planning last night and we are both kind of stressed (me more so than Sorella Worsham) but Sorella Worsham said something really beautiful that made me feel a lot better. She said "It feels good to be exhausted in the Lord's work." I think she was quoting someone but neither of us could remember who. I hope that I am doing what the Lord wants me to do, and I am really excited about this week. This week was also pretty intense so I will just have to give you some highlights.
So Tuesday we had zone conference in the morning and part of the training was about the best was to find investigators from English course, and that evening Sorella Worsham and I taught our first ever family English course (I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but Sorella Worsham and I teach intermediate English and we have never ever had consistent students so we started an English course specific for parents and children.) and we invited our only two students to start meeting with us and they agreed!!!!
Monday we went and saw a long term investigator, who really has not been making progress, but who has been on our minds a lot recently. He opened up to us and said that he wants to be baptized but he has been hurt by members of the church (he was raised in a part member family.) so it would take time. We asked him to start over with the lessons and pretend he didn't know anything about the church, and then we scheduled an appointment for the following week. Then he showed us his pet falcon, who is chained up inside of a double dead bolted cage. He said the next time he would bring him out so wish me luck!
So we had to go back and fourth to the mission office several times this week for conferences and interviews and we had a lot of chances to contact people in the metro. I'm so sorry I am out of time. Love you lots!!!
-Sorella Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment