Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Personal Email

Ok so I am writing you a really long letter about how I'm feeling and growing in the mission but that is a lot harder to do in email so for the most part my email will just be a surplus of information. I also am printing off your email so I haven't read it yet. I read the part about blonde hair being a gypsy good luck charm though haha. We dont have gypsies in Siracusa so for the time being I am set.

Ok first off happy happy birthday! I thought about you a lot on your birthday. and missed you tons. I hope that you had fun! We took a cool picture of us holding a sign that I hope that I am going to figure out how to get to you. I'm working on it.

So photos. You can only send 3 at a time and it eats all of your email time so I'm going to upload them all and then save them as a draft and you can log on and grab them. Madyline college 2012. This is allowed. I'm working on it now, but my comp is being difficult.

I went to a FHE with a family in our ward and while we were eating I noticed that they had a birdhouse on their wall. I commented on it and told them that you had tanto in our house. They responded very excitedly and with very Sicilian accents so I just kind of nodded and smiled. After a few minutes of excited moments they paused as if waiting for a response. I had no idea what they said so I said si. Everyone looked really surprised so my companion turned to me and said your mom lets all the birds fly around the house? I explained and she tried to clarify, but I'm not 100 percent sure they got it so there might be a family who thinks you have 100's of birds flying around our house.

Also I have been recording a little synopsis of my day in my planner every day and once it is done I will send it to you.

Also I got on family search.org the other day and the only person recorded was dads mom. If you could send me dads dads general info I could probably get started on that.

Ok the comp is being truly unkind. It looks like pictures wont happen this week but you can log on later and check and see if I figured it out.

Ok about packages. Padded envelopes are safe they dont go through customs they just go straight to our house. If you send one out there a few things that we cannot get here. Mostly because this is Siracusa, Rome has more stuff. Face wash is really different here, and I really really like the stuff you sent me in the MTC. If you dont want to spend that much money sending face wash I understand, and I am looking for something here. Maybe we will find something really exciting that clears all skin problems so its up to you, but if you would be willing its anti oil grayish silver tube and I love it. Also marshmallows. I was trying to explain them to a recent convert and they were so confused. If you could send a package I would love to show them.

I love you sosososo much. I really hope I can get these photos to work so that you can see how blessed I am here. I hope that the Lord is blessing you, and I cant wait to hear all of your stories. xoxoxoxo Madyline

No comments:

Post a Comment