Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Personal Letter

I haven't read any of your emails, but they are all already to be printed off. I also have a few photos in the draft folder if you want to go get them, and I have a letter that should be on its way to you sometime in the next day or two. I really hope my mail is making it to the states. They dont do international stamps here, so I dont know how that is going to work out. I got your letter, it couldn't have come on a better day...... and here's why.

The day before yesterday was zone conference, so we got up early to bus home from zone conference, and my allergies were acting up, so all sorts of fun stuff was draining into my stomach. So I felt a little nauseous as we leave the Catania apartment, but I decide that it will probably pass. We got into the car to drive to the bus station, and it does the opposite of pass, It gets 1000 times worse, so I stick my head out of the window and tried to not throw up all over the mission car. We were leaving early because we had an appointment with a less active at ten thirty. I debated at this point telling my companion I couldn't handle a crowded dirty Italian bus, but I decided that our less active was important and powered through. So we are waiting for the bus and in the fresh air and I feel great, but the second we got on the bus I feel terrible again. I knew that I was either going to throw up or I needed to sleep, and the best thing about buses is they are the one time we are allowed to actually take a break in the mission, so I decide to sleep. Unfortunately this was one of the more crowded less comfy hotter buses, so sleep didn't work wort. We had been on the bus for about 20 minutes when we stopped for a city just outside of Catania. At this point I knew I had to get off the bus or I was going to throw up. I also knew we were about a 40 minute walk from Catania and a 5 hour walk from Siracusa so that wasn't an option. So I started to look for something to throw up in. At this point my companion can tell via my body language that I am probably going to throw up, so she is checking the front and the back of the bus for bags, and I'm trying to decided what to throw up in. We had just ordered our English packet and I thought about throwing up in that but I knew that my entire district would kill me if I ruined an English course packet because we have had a lot of scheduling issues through sharing our poster packets, so I decided no. At this point it's too late to find anything else, so I threw up into my hands onto my skirt and down my legs. The irony of this is that 99% of the time I carry wet wipes and an assorted variety of pain meds etc. and we had decided not to bring any of those things to conserve space for zone conference, so I'm sitting here covered in gross crying thinking how I wish that I had chosen to be prepared instead of conserve space. About now my companion came back and she goes Sorella Spencer they dont have any bags. Then she sees me and asks if I have anything in my backpack that I could throw up in again. So I told her to get out my make up bag dump out the make up and we can use that. So she grabs my make up bag dumps it out, and I pour the gross into it. She asks around for a tissue, we find 1 and kind of clean me up. Then we rode on the bus for another hour and ten minutes. When we get to Siracusa she calls to cancel our appointment, and we are almost at our door when Sorella Baker remembers that we had decided not to bring a key because we had expected to come back with the other sorelle. So we waited another hour and ten minutes for someone from the ward to come and open our door. Then I cleaned myself up changed my clothes and got into bed and slept until pranzo. When I woke up the other sorelle were waiting with your letter, which made up for all of the not fun parts of the day. I cant wait to hear from you and I love you so much. The language is coming along great. I actually understood serata famigliare (FHE) yesterday, and our fruit vendor is in my English course so I get really good deals on fruit. All in all, I can't complain.

con amore slla spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment