Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Personal Letter

Well I didn't get an email from you which is really abnormal and kind of sad, but I'm sure you are busy, and it just slipped your mind. I'm hoping to get one before I sign off. Have you gotten any of my letters yet? I have sent two and I'm hoping they get to you soon!

Sorry the letters haven't been longer. It's really hard as a missionary to talk to your family as much as you would like because we are only supposed to write once a week and also get ready for the following week, which makes it really tough. I'm trying to be better about it and work out systems hopefully it gets better. I really hope that you aren't mad at me, and that's why you haven't written. For the most part I prefer writing to you and Dan via letters because I want to make sure that I can say everything I want to, and if I spent my whole time writing to just you no one else would get any emails at all. So if it seems like other people are getting more attention via email, it's just because I am writing you three page letters, and using my email for people that are less convenient to write. I really love and miss you, and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Things are good. The work is alive and well. My companion and I are very different, as were my last companion and I , but I know that this is divinely inspired and the Lord is putting me with the people that I need and who need me. Also I have learned a lot of things from these two girls that I am very grateful for. If I only had companions that were just like me, I wouldn't grow. The food here is a little hard for me to handle sometimes. Mainly the fruits and veggies. Lettuce here makes me the sickest. It would make my stomach hurt sometimes in the states, but it really kills me here. My companion thinks that I have a lettuce intolerance, but I think I just need time to adjust to the food.

The mission president in Georgia does a lot of emergency transfers, President Waddoups is fairly opposed. Is Elder Douglass helping dad? I had a lot of faith in him but dad doesn't seem to be making any progress through him. Maybe the sisters would be better, because they remind him of me? Also did Elder Douglass follow up on that name I sent him? Whichever missionaries you are working with you should encourage them to do an English course for all the Spanish immigrants. We are doing an immersion program so it doesn't matter if we speak the language or not, and I imagine it would be similar for them. They could have a member from the Spanish branch to give a spiritual thought. How is Dad doing by the way? Is he going to therapy?

I am really sorry about Grandma and Grandpa. I don't know what to say but they are in my prayers. I hope everything works out mom. I know that this is hard and that family is important to you. I wish that I could be there to help you, and I wish that Grandma and Grandpa would respond to the gospel. I know that it has been difficult for you not having the family dynamic that you might want, but I just want you to know that I am grateful for you and that I can't wait to get sealed to you. Maybe you could start looking into the details of that.

I forgot to mention that I took photos for dad's birthday and that they are in the drafts folder, but they are in there and there are new ones for this week.

xoxoxox Madyline

No comments:

Post a Comment